Klyne Snodgrass at Prime Time Jesus writes about one very specific remaining site where we know Jesus walked….and some of the implications of that fact in the New Testament.
Jesus Shaped SpiritualityJSS is a blog that stands on the corner between the study of Jesus and the process of spiritual formation as a follower of Jesus.
About Michael Spencer
ManifestoOur central lie is in the discrepancy between the language of worship and the actions of worship. We confess “Jesus is Lord” but only submit to the part of Christ’s authority that fits our grand personal designs, doesn’t cause pain, doesn’t disrupt the American dream, doesn’t draw us across ethnic and racial divisions, doesn’t add the pressure of too much guilt, doesn’t mean forgiving as we have been forgiven, doesn’t ask for more than a check to show compassion. We “sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs” expressing our desire to know Jesus, but the Jesus we want to know is the sanitized Jesus that looks a lot like us when we think we are at our best. Despite God’s Word to the contrary, we think we can say that we love God and yet hate our neighbor, neglect the widow, forget the orphan, fail to visit the prisoner, ignore the oppressed. Its the sign of disordered love. When we do this, our worship becomes a lie to God. -Mark Labberton
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Patricia Backora on Gospel of Mark Study #13: The Bridegroom and the New Wine
- Heidi on The Jesus Disconnect (5): The Processes of Discipleship
- whozis on Verses: I Corinthians 2:6-8 and Plan B
- Heather on Gospel of Mark Study #11: The Forgiveness of Sins
- willoh on Searching For A Community of Strugglers
My Flickr Photos